Friday, May 8, 2009

Cat and Mouse

Got Up quite early this morning with the plan of hitting the road before the school buses and kids over took it entirely, Looked out the kitchen window to see that a light spatter of rain had begun, Nothing unusual about that its Ireland it rains 99% of the time.
So after a slice of toast, Some coffee and a cigarette ( unfortunately I haven't quite managed to give up the dreaded weed just yet) I packed my bag with the essentials got my bike out and was on my way.
I don't usually plan my route just go where the mood takes me so I headed north for a while at a leisurely pace.
The newborn lambs where jumping in the fields and the birds were twittering away the light rain was actually quite refreshing I was enjoying the morning air immensely.
I noticed a couple of cyclists up ahead, These guys were the serious kind with the spandex shorts and speedy bikes so as a little challenge I decided to catch them up, One of them noticed what i was up to and made some comment to his partner probably about the little mountain bike on their tail. after a few seconds I was riding right next to them I said good morning and one guy waved then the race began they shifted into high gear and took off.
Not to be out done I did the same and once again to their surprise I was right next to them. This game of cat and mouse continued for another few minutes until i got bored and headed off down a little lane on the right.
My knees where starting to ache a little after all the pumping to keep up but I was quite pleased with myself and proud of my little bike It didn't let me down.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice blog. Keep up with the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kat makes nice reading but wheres the engine go lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice one but where ther engine go lol

    ReplyDelete