Thursday, May 7, 2009

The begining


There is nothing like getting out there in the fresh air, Feeling the cool breaze on your face as you whiz down country lanes on a bike.
Cycling is the greener way to travel it's inexpensive and you feel so much better knowing that you powered your own journey.
Getting started couldn't be easier all you need is a good road worthy bike, A helmet and the dertermination to give it a go.
I was a late comer to the world of two wheels but now it is second nature.
My bike of choice at the moment is a " Probike Escape" Mountain bike. Some people say that mountain bikes aren't suited for road riding because they are too heavy etc. But for where i live its ideal as the roads have quite a few potholes and are often flooded or muddy, So the grip that mountain tyres offer is most certainly needed.
I have already completed a few day trips this year and this blog is basically going to be my experiances be they good or bad.
I will also offer some maintence and equipment help and support along the way. And hopefully will learn more aswell.
So until the next time- Have fun on two wheels, Live to ride and ride to live and remember safety first!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kat. Thanks for the encouragement (I'm the one with the throw-back '70s bike out of Spokane). Nice blog! I'm getting ready to ride the bike tomorrow. And yes, I bought a helmet!

    ReplyDelete